Guidelines for Poster and Oral Presentations
Poster Presentation Guidelines:
· Each poster will be displayed for 2 days (Monday, July 2 + Tuesday, July 3 or Wednesday, July 4 + Thursday, July 5, depending on which day your poster is scheduled).
· Poster should be mounted on Monday, July 2 or Wednesday, July 4, respectively, before 8:30 a.m..
· In addition to the poster presentation each poster session will start with a short oral presentation (Poster Flash presentation) which has the goal to inform the audience on the topic of your poster and to motivate to visit you during the subsequent poster session. Each author will be strictly limited to 2 minutes presentation time. After this time the presentation will be stopped. Each presentation is limited to 2 slides. The Poster Flash presentation is only an opportunity to advertise for your paper.
· There will be no guided poster tours but main authors are kindly requested to be present at their posters during the poster viewing session for discussions.
· The posters have to be in portrait (upright) format and should not exceed the following dimensions: 90 cm width, 120 cm height (Board size: 120 cm width, 200 cm height).
· Please fix your poster on the poster panel marked with your poster number. Fixing materials will be provided and distributed on-site in the poster area.
Oral Presentation Guidelines:
· The duration of oral talks is supposed to be 10 min plus 5 min for questions and discussion. We kindly ask you to keep strictly to this time limit.
· The required technical equipment will be provided for Powerpoint presentations.
· We kindly ask you to submit your presentation in the lecture hall during the breaks as early as possible (best the day before; at least in the break before your session).
· Please note that a presentation from your laptop will NOT be possible.
Guidelines for PowerPoint presentations (oral and poster flash):
· Please submit your presentation to the computer in the lecture hall via one of the following media: CD ROM (CD-R/RW), DVD-ROM (DVD-R/RW) or USB memory stick.
· Please save all files associated with your presentation (PowerPoint file, movie/video files etc.) to one folder/location. We recommend saving videos and graphics and pictures separately on your CD ROM or USB stick. In case of problems we can re-insert the originals.
· Please use Microsoft PowerPoint 97-2016 (*.ppt/*pptx), OpenOffice / LibreOffice 1.0 – 4.0 or Adobe PDF to guarantee your presentation will open successfully on an on-site PC. If you use MS PowerPoint, we recommend that you save your PowerPoint presentation using .ppt/pptx format and not .pps/ppsx.
· All presentations will be presented in a resolution of 1024×768 pixels (landscape). Please use high contrast lettering and fonts with a minimum size of 16pt and high contrast layouts like light text on dark colours.
Pictures / Videos
· JPG images are the preferred file format for inserted images. GIF, TIF or BMP formats will be accepted as well.
· Because of the many different video formats support cannot be provided for embedded videos in your presentation; please test your presentation with the on-site PC several hours before your presentation. Generally, the MPEG-1, WMV and MPEG-4 format should work with no difficulties. The file size should not exceed 150 MB.
· Movies or videos that require additional reading or projection equipment (e.g. VHS cassettes) will not be accepted.
· Only fonts which are included in the basic installation of MS-Windows 10 will be available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause the wrong layout / style of your presentation.
· Suggested fonts: Arial, Tahoma.
· If you have to use different fonts, these must be embedded into your presentation.
· You can control/move slides during your presentation on your own (by remote control PowerPoint – please kindly check this in lecture hall in advance).
· We kindly ask you to be at the session room at least 10 minutes before the session starts to meet the chair and familiarize yourself with the technical and other equipment.
If you have any questions regarding the congress or the
speakers‘ instructions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
You can download these guidelines here.